If you’re serious about making delicious homemade sauces, blenders are the best way to go.
You can’t just go out and choose any blender for making sauces. Most regular blenders don’t have sufficient blending power for this kind of job.
What makes a good blender for sauces?
With the best blenders for making sauces, you won’t even need a stove to make sauces. These high-powered blenders can cook and blend at the same time!
High-speed blenders like a Vitamix are so powerful that they can heat cold ingredients to piping hot in no time.
Just put the cold ingredients into the blender and let it run for a while. The friction from the blades heats the sauce while chopping all ingredients at the same time.
The end result is perfectly smooth, piping hot sauce in less than ten minutes. It’s way faster than you would be able to do with a stove. You’ll have fewer dishes to clean as well.
Not only can you make delicious sauces, but also healthy soups, peanut butter, or smoothies. The possibilities with a blender like this are endless. You control exactly how many calories and sugar is going in there.
Are you ready?
Without any further delay, let’s get to my list of the best blenders for making delicious sauces.
The 4 Best Blenders for Sauces
Let’s start with the Vitamix E310, the number one when it comes to high-powered blenders. A little down below you’ll find a more affordable, but still powerful blender, the Ninja Foodi.
If you’re short on counter space, check out the NutriBullet Rx. It’s the best small blender for sauces. The Blendtec Classic 575 is a great Vitamix alternative blender.
1. Vitamix E310 Explorian | Best Blender for Sauces
If you want the best of the best blender for making hot sauces, there’s no way around Vitamix.
You probably heard about Vitamix before. These commercial blenders are used by thousands of juice bars and restaurants all over the world.
And that’s for a good reason!
Vitamix has earned its reputation for building the most powerful and reliable blenders money can buy. They’re so powerful that you can make hot sauces out of cold ingredients with just the friction from the blades!
All of that comes with a higher price tag, of course. Vitamix blenders are considerably more expensive than your regular standard blender. But don’t worry, I have chosen a Vitamix model that combines a lower price tag with great performance.
With all the different Vitamix models out there, it’s not easy to pick the right one.
So, why do I think the Vitamix E310 Explorian is an excellent blender for making sauces?
It’s the entry-level Vitamix blender and compared to other Vitamix models, it is more affordable. It doesn’t mean it’s cheap, but it’s well worth the price it’s selling for. Let me explain why.
When it comes to Vitamix, a lower price doesn’t necessarily mean less power.
The Vitamix E310 comes with an incredibly powerful 2 horsepower motor. That’s almost the same blending power as the high-end Vitamix 750 or the latest-generation Vitamix A3500 blender.
All Vitamix blenders also feature the same durable all-metal drive that connects the blades to the motor base. The blades are the same aircraft-grade stainless steel blades as well.
Then how do Vitamix models differ?
They mostly differ in jar sizes, warranties, and features. The more expensive Vitamix models come with fancy LED displays and presets. The high-end models also have a more extended warranty for up to 10 years.
Take the top of the line Vitamix A3500 for example.
The A3500 comes with five program settings like a smoothie, hot soup, or self-cleaning function. You push one button and can walk away while the blender does the job for you.
If you don’t need a fancy LED display or presets, you can save a lot of money with the E310.
The E310 is what I’d call a classical Vitamix. It comes with the classic variable speed control. The ten speeds give you complete control of the consistency of your sauces. The pulse feature lets you manually fine-tune the texture of your sauces.
The 48 oz jar has the right size for making delicious sauces for your whole family. The low-profile container is small enough and will most likely fit under your kitchen cabinet.
If you’re a fan of delicious, hot sauces, you’ll love your Vitamix!
You can simply add cold ingredients to the jar, and your blender will do the cooking for you. Vitamix blenders are so powerful that they bring cold ingredients to steaming hot in under 10 minutes. It does that with just the friction of the blades!
You not only can create the most delicious sauces but also healthy homemade soups. You can control exactly how much sugar and calories are going in there.
After you’re finished making delicious sauces, you’ll love the self-cleaning feature of your new Vitamix.
Simply add a drop of dish soap and some warm water to the jar, turn the blender on for 30 seconds and watch it clean itself.
- This entry-level Vitamix comes with the same powerful 2.2hp motor as more expensive Vitamix models
- The Vitamix E310 is engineered and assembled in the USA
- Compared to other Vitamix models, the E310 is a steal
- Vitamix blenders are used by restaurants and juice bars all over the world and are built to last
- You can make hot sauces without a stove. The motor is so powerful that it can bring cold ingredients to piping hot in under 10 minutes
- A Vitamix will give you the smoothest texture possible
- 10-speed variable control and pulse function give you full control over the consistency
- The Vitamix E310 comes with a full 5-year warranty
- This entry-level Vitamix has fewer features than more expensive models
- No presets, only manual speeds
- Not dishwasher safe, but comes with a self-cleaning feature
- The Vitamix E310 sounds almost like a jet engine starting up, in other words, it’s loud!
Overall Opinion: With a Vitamix, you pay for performance and durability. The E310 Explorian is so powerful that it can make hot sauces and soups with just the friction from the blades. It’s engineered and assembled in the US and comes with a generous 5-year warranty. Once you own a Vitamix, you’ll never go back to a regular standard blender.
2. Ninja Foodi | Hot & Cold Blender for Making Sauces
You’re not quite ready for the high price tag that comes with a Vitamix? Then let me introduce you to the best Vitamix-alternative blender, the Ninja Foodi.
This innovative, latest-generation Ninja is the perfect blender for making hot sauces. It comes with what Ninja calls “Heat-iQ”.
Now, what does that mean?
The 1,400 watt motor of the Ninja Foodi is powerful, but it’s not strong enough to heat up ingredients with just the friction from the blades like a Vitamix.
That’s why Ninja built in an 800-watt heating element right into the blender jar.
This feature is genius!
The heating element helps you make perfect hot sauces in just a few minutes. It’s super easy to make and once you’re done, the heating function will keep the sauce warm until you’re ready to use it. You’ll never have to worry if everything is timed perfectly!
With the Ninja Foodi, you’ll never have to precook anything! Just put the veggies & other ingredients to the jar, push the right button, wait for a few minutes, and you’re done! Being able to cook and blend at the same time is a real time saver.
What I love about this Ninja model is the 64 oz glass pitcher. There aren’t that many good blenders with a glass jar out there, but the Ninja Foodi is one of them.
The glass jar of the Ninja Foodi is “cleaner” than your regular plastic jar. The glass won’t absorb food smells as easily when you’re cooking sauces. You can wash it at high temperatures without a problem. Plastic jars can stain after years of usage, glass jar’s won’t.
While there are many advantages to glass jars, they’re also heavier than plastic jars. Especially with the built-in heating element, this extra weight adds up.
I’m sure you’ll love the twelve Auto-iQ programs.
You simply press one button and the Ninja Foodi starts blending on its own. It uses automated blending and pausing cycles and also cooks the ingredients for you automatically.
No matter if you want to make sauces, smoothies, soups, frozen drinks, or healthy ice cream, there’s a preset for it. You push a single button and can walk away while the Ninja does the job for you. It’s almost like magic! The built-in timer shows you the precise blending time. It doesn’t get much easier than that. There are also a few manual speeds, as well as a manual cooking mode.
The Ninja comes with a heated clean program. With a push of a single button, this blender will clean itself. It doesn’t clean quite as thoroughly as the Vitamix though.
I do love the relatively affordable prices of Ninja blenders, but I don’t like the short 1-year limited warranty that comes with it. I really would like to see a more extended warranty for a high-powered blender like this.
- Blends almost as smooth as a Vitamix
- Built-in heating element helps you make hot sauces and soups in no time
- One of the few Ninja blenders that comes with a tamper. You’ll never have to stop your blender to scrape the sides ever again
- 12 Auto-iQ presets take out all the guesswork, press one button and you can walk away!
- Built-in timer shows you the precise blending time
- Glass jar doesn’t absorb smells, doesn’t stain, and won’t leach nasty chemicals into your food
- You can’t submerge the jar in water because of the built-in heating element
- Self-cleaning function doesn’t work as well as the Vitamix
- Glass and heating element makes the jar very heavy
- Only comes with a 1-year limited warranty
Overall Opinion: The Ninja Foodi is a great blender for making hot soups. The built-in heating element allows you to cook and blend at the same time. Its built-quality, warranty, and performance aren’t quite as good as the Vitamix. However, the relatively low price, built-in timer, and twelve Auto-iQ functions make it a good alternative.
3. NutriBullet Rx | Best Small Blender for Sauces
If you heard about blenders, you probably heard about NutriBullet. They have been manufacturing blenders for ages. Their 600-watt NutriBullet and 900-watt NutriBullet Pro are some of the best-selling blenders of all time.
The NutriBullet Rx is their latest model and comes with a super-strong 1,700-watt motor. This is enough power to make hot sauces and soups! Unless other personal blenders, the NutriBullet Rx works completely hands-free.
The sauces come out hot and quite smooth. You won’t even need to stand around while the NutriBullet Rx does its thing. It runs its automatic blending cycles and then stops on its own.
Although the NutriBullet is powerful, it isn’t quite as strong as a Vitamix. You’ll need to precook harder vegetables in order to make sauces and soups.
If you’re short on counter space, you’ll love the NutriBullet.
Compared to full-size blenders, this personal blender is much smaller. Its relatively small size makes it easier to clean for you as well. The NutriBullet Rx comes with both a 1 liter (33 oz) pitcher, as well as a shorter 30 oz cup for your on-the-go smoothies.
- Comes with a recipe book for delicious sauces, smoothies, dressings, soups, etc.
- The most powerful NutriBullet there is
- Heating cycle for sauces and soups works well
- Even easier to clean than a full-size blender
- Automatically shuts off after it is done
- Comes with both a large 1-liter pitcher and 30 oz cup
- The NutriBullet Rx doesn’t take much counter space
- The most expensive NutriBullet model out there
- The 1,700-watt motor is considerably louder than other personal blenders
- Soups and sauces made with the NutriBullet aren’t as perfect-tasting and looking as with a Vitamix
- Some users report leaking, make sure to screw the bottom on evenly an tightly
- In order to make soup and sauces, you’ll need to precook harder vegetables
- You can’t adjust the speed of blending
Overall Opinion: If you want a personal blender for making hot sauces, the NutriBullet Rx is the most powerful option out there. It might not be as perfect as a Vitamix, but it gets the job done. It’s a great device for smaller kitchens and won’t take up much counter space.
4. Blendtec Classic 575 | Great Vitamix Alternative
My review of the best blenders for making hot sauces wouldn’t be complete without a Blendtec blender. The Blendtec 575 is an entry-level model that has all the power you’ll ever need to create perfect sauces.
What’s different about Blendtec blenders is not only their dull blade design, but also their jar design is quite innovative. Unlike other high-speed blenders, the Blendtec doesn’t come with a tamper.
The jar is so designed that everything pulls towards the blade automatically. The downside to this is that you’ll have to stack your ingredients in the right order.
There’s a small booklet included with the blender that shows you exactly how to stack your ingredients. This blender does have a slightly higher learning curve, but once you can handle it, it’ll reward you with excellent results.
Just like a Vitamix, the Blendtec can bring cold ingredients to piping hot just with the friction from the blades. No more precooking required1
This classic Blendtec model comes with an LED display, as well as five pre-programmed settings.
What I love about this blender are the durability and the 8-year warranty. With the Blendtec you’ll have peace of mind for almost a decade!
- Generous 8-year warranty
- Great built quality, made in the USA
- Jar and blade design makes a tamper obsolete
- Comes with a fun recipe book
- Dull blade design makes cleaning safer and easier
- Comes with a self-cleaning mode that works well
- Although this is a classic model, it still comes with LED display and five pre-programmed functions
- The Blendtec 575 is as powerful as a Vitamix
- It heats up cold ingredients to steaming hot just with friction
- Although it’s more affordable than most Blendtec models, it’s still an expensive blender
- The base isn’t as stable while blending compared to a Vitamix
- You’ll have to stack ingredients in their right order, slightly higher learning curve
- The large 90 oz jar features “only” 36 oz blending capacity (4-6 persons)
Overall Opinion: Blendtec or Vitamix – it’s not an easy decision to make. Blendtec comes with an innovative blade and jar design that sucks all ingredients toward the blades. The results are similar to a Vitamix. I’d let the price decide which one of the two models to buy. Whichever model you can get a good deal on is a great choice. Both Vitamix and Blendtec are made in the US and are one of the best blenders you can get.
These were my top picks of the best blenders for making hot sauces. I hope this review has given you a great start to do your own research. In the end, as long as you pick a blender with at a heating function, making sauces shouldn’t be a difficult task for your blender. Always stay vibrant, happy, and healthy!